Search This Blog

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Heismaniac: The Moment.


http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/12/heisman_trophy_2014_final_voti.html

Above is a link to a breakdown of the Heisman voting for 2014.

Most significantly, after all 929 ballots were counted, the three finalists recieved the following vote totals:

M Mariota: 788 first place votes, 74 people voted him second place, 22 third place votes. Yes, this does not add up to 929. Meaning some people actually did not put him on their ballot at all. Still, 788 first place votes translates to some ungodly number of Heisman points in the Heisman scoring system. He won big.

Amari Cooper: 49 first place votes, 280 second, 316 third.

Melvin Gordon: 37 first, 432 second, 275 third. Actually more points than Cooper.

Most every BRFLer had Mariota #1 on their ballots, receiving the most first place votes. No one came as close as Paul, aka BroP. He had him down for 650.7 first placers. Only a few had Melvin Gordon on their ballots, Q, Sock, Jimbosuke. In the beginning Heismaniac cared about how many finalists a BRFLer had on his or her ballot. But then, after I made some high profile mistakes and took a tremendous amount of shit about them, we scrapped that. I think we should go back to it but that will have to wait for a vote at this year's payout.

So, congratulations, Paul. Chip, where did you get your numbers from? They don't agree with what I got. I did not watch the ceremony (too boring.) Paul, the bad news is that you only bagged about 80 bucks this year as we did not have full participation in Heismaniac. Also, Ladies and Gents, I neglected to collect any money in advance for side bets like Heismaniac and GG. Heismaniac is ten bucks, but only if you sent in a ballot, GG is the richer game. $20.

Okay, now I am going to sit back and wait for the objections and disagreements.

Jimbosuke

6 comments:

  1. My bad. Read it in a confusing article that I Googled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Commish---No shit from me---but I did pay you for GG and for Heis at the party last Summer---don't send any League Goons to my doorstep to collect again or they might get a face full of birdshot ( like I did ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave Mikey my money to give to you at the Payout last summer.

    ReplyDelete