Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

This From Our Man in Columbus



Thankfully, our pal Surrounded in Columbus is always good for a nugget or four from deep behind enemy lines.  Today he sent the picture below with the following email:
Most people would be disappointed to be 12-0 & staying home.  They're not most people.
No word yet on when Tressel Boned Us But We Still Hoisted Him on Our Shoulders Like Morons Lane is going up.
Ohio State hosts a "celebration of perfection against reason" Tuesday during which Galileo will be burned at the stake and the sun declared to revolve around the earth.
Tell me something I don't knowMaurice Clarett:
He was a hard worker in practice and in games. But off the field, he was living a completely different life. "I took golf, fishing, and softball as classes," Clarett says. "Away from class, anything you can think of I did in my 13 months at Ohio State." Drugs and women were two of the things. Cars were another—he owned three of them at a time, including a brand-new Cadillac and Lexus. "I was living the NFL life in college," he says. "I got paid more in college than I do now in the UFL.

2 comments:

  1. Maurice is in the NFL?! Go Bucks! Go Mo, #13! Love a story with a happy ending. Thanks, DBung!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about the Tressel era was the annual scUM ass beat. I loved that.

    ReplyDelete