Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2020

Make Believe


See this guy? He's Caleb Farley, the Virginia Tech cornerback who is ranked the #1 cornerback prospect for the 2021 NFL draft.
Here's a question for you. Do you think Caleb is going to suit up for the Hokies this year?*
(Answer at the end of this post).

Here's a little something from elevenwarriors a few days ago.

NOT SO FAST, my Friend. Here's an article from today's Wall Street Journal.

And then we have this desperate nonsense. I mean really.

Personally, I don't see a college football season happening this year. Honestly? I don't think it should. Everybody talks about how, when young people get Covid it "doesn't affect them much". Except when  it does. There have been many articles and interviews with college athletes who have had Covid and they often say it is months before they get their stamina back and some still haven't. So, as we know, this is all about the TV contract money, the money that home games throw off (though, really, how much will that be? Ohio State is going to put only 20% of the asses they usually put in the Shoe for home games).

So, I've talked to some BRFLers. I'm the Commissioner for God's sakes.
The question is, do we pause the BRFL and bag this season? This season which promises to be a shit show and where the results will be based on, basically, the same  odds as those of throwing a dart at a board blind folded and nailing the bullseye?

I vote we bag it. So do Randiddle, McLovin, BroFro and KBronie.

Let me hear from you.

And, also, let  me see your checks so people can get paid.

Jimbosuke,
Commissioner for Life

* and the answer is fuck no! Caleb's not playing. At all. Are you crazy?

9 comments:

  1. I'm going to focus on drinking Mild and reflect on whey I let the number 1 recruit in my state go play in Alabama. I vote we bag it and find another way to hurl insults virtually at eveyone.
    Hope all is well with BRFLers. I've been sheltered in place in Lake Tahoe since March. Can't say I miss business travel or commuting that much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So, I've talked to some BRFLers." None of those "some" included the D.Po, Shadow Commissioner of the BRFL, Middlefield Branch. I'll wager most of those "some" don't even know there's a BRFL blog. I'll wager even more that most of those "some" have their lips puckered to the Comissioner's saggy, yet boney ass.
    Before we get all in a tizzy over the season, let's take a gander at McLuvin's Facebook to see what is really going on with this Hong Kong Fluey. Mmmmhmmm, yes, hoax, I see, fish tank cleaner, yes, Fauci kneels for the anthem, mmmhmmm, ahhh, yes, the only thing we need to do is don our cammo, get our assault rifles and assemble in the state capitol and demand our freedoms, and... football!!!!
    Or we can bet on the weekly death totals, like a true BRFLer would do. Draft the state you think will is currently underperforming in the COVID-19 poll. Points for weekly deaths, bonus if the state you drafted "exceeds expectations", points for being percentage leader in increased deaths, more points if the gouvenor of the state you drafted officially declares Hydroxycloroquine as a miracle treatment....The opportunites are endless...

    But I guess "some" of you are too butthurt to think beyond the carnage.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Can't tell if that's a no, or what, from DPo...but I'm takin' it as one... Now that the esteemed Shadow Comm has spoken, let me reiterate my No Vote for the 20-21 Season, too many outside variables destined to come in to play that could influence and potentially ruin the spirit of this hallowed league, so count me out.

      Delete
  3. We can still type mean things in the blog though. AMIRITE?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote is to bag this season but as the commissioner said, send your checks in. Q

    ReplyDelete